Monday, January 28, 2013

Blooming






I was up super early to work on my son's quilt this morning but both of my kids decided to get up super early too.  Now is my usual cleaning time but both kids have built a gigantic fort right where I want to be cleaning.  They are so happy.  I decided to postpone my cleaning.  So what do I do instead?  Move things around in my sun room and photograph the amaryllis that has decided to bloom.  It makes me so happy.  We have two others.  One is definitely not going to do anything and the other could possible still bloom.  Time will tell. 

I love flowers and plants but don't live in the best place for them.  Our condo is pretty dark.  The sunroom is light but  quite cold since it is not heated.  The amaryllis actually lives in my kitchen on the hutch under the skylight.  It is really the only area where we can have plants.  The other parts of our home that get enough light are where my children play and I don't think having plants in those areas are a good idea.  We aren't moving anytime soon but when we look at houses I am taking into consideration if there is good light for plants and good space outside for a garden. 


No comments: