Sunday, January 27, 2013

Feeling Better




I am feeling all better today and was able to get up early (4:30 am to be precise) and sew for the first time in a week.  It was a productive two hours because I finished Stella's blouse.  So I actually finished her whole outfit.  I blogged about the jumper here, the sweater here, and the blouse here.  The blouse has a few mistakes but I learned some very important lessons: 1. for now I need to stick to Oliver and S patterns until I am better at sewing 2. read the whole pattern and try to understand it before starting (um I think I may have learned this lesson before) 3.wait to do hand embroidery until I am better at sewing or know I can do the pattern and it will come out.

I am so happy to not be sick and have the kids back to only getting up a few times a night instead of all night.  I get cranky when I can't sew.  Yesterday I didn't feel great early in the day but I did go to my knitting class which was so much fun. And I even made a quiche for dinner.  I love making food for my family and I think not cooking for them makes me cranky too.  This morning I made strawberry pancakes and learned that my son doesn't like them.  If you are three just because you love strawberries and pancakes does not mean you will love strawberry pancakes.  The hardest part for me being sick is not being productive.  I was able to do lots of "research" online though and am more inspired than ever.

edited on 1/28/13 - I just signed up for my first link party at Skip to my Lou  One of my hopes of blogging is to connect with other crafters so I would love for you to leave a comment so I can check back and find your blog.   

No comments: