Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Finished scarf


 Here is a scarf I have been working on and finished yesterday.  I don't think I had mentioned it because there wasn't much to knitting it.  I picked it out so that I could have an easy project to work on while in the same room as my kids.  And when I saw the sample at Knit Wit I knew I wanted one for myself.  It is just 19 stitches of garter stitch until I ran out of yarn.  I used size 15 needles and two different stands of Berroco yarn.  I wish I had kept the wrappers so that I could tell you which yarn.  I may go to the shop this weekend and if I do I will try to find out what yarn it is.


The scarf came out very long.  It is taller than I am.  I like that because I like to wear my scarfs folded over with the tails pulled though the loop (pictured below).  I wore it last night to my crafting group with friends even though it wasn't that cold and actually ended up raining.  I don't usually get to go to my Tuesday night group because I am working but I am on vacation this week.


So in between the fun with my kids today I will be working on the quilt (I have more fabric to cut) and my mittens.  I think the kids and I may be making robots.  And I will be putting clam chowder in the crockpot later.  If it is good I will share the recipe.


  I just linked up to Ginger Snap Crafts.  Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

Wow ! That is long scarf ! Very cheerful but will go with many things I m sure. It will look lovely with jeans !
I like how your blog is looking !