Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Paper Fan Dress



Well this wasn't exactly the idea I had yesterday but it evolved in to this dress and I am so happy.  We are going to a community event tonight and Stella wearing a new dress will make it much more fun.  I used the free Paper Fan Dress pattern by Anna Maria Horner.  It was quick and easy though I still managed to make mistakes.  I put the button holes on the wrong side on the back so I had to have them on both sides of the bodice but you can't really see them.  However that was a little maddening.  And the ric-rac is because I didn't like my topstitching but I love the ric-rac.  I think it makes the dress.






I hope to get pictures of her wearing tonight.  It definitely looks cuter on.  It was so fun to make a dress for Stella I really want to make another.  I think I should do the tea party dress next.  I just have to decide on fabric.  This is such a fun time of year to sew clothes. 


Edited (a few hours later) - Here are pictures from this evening:





6 comments:

Suz said...

Very sweet Christine:)

pratima said...

Your little girl is so cute and the dress looks so charming on her. Love the little green buttons matching the apple print on the dress. Glad you had a lovely evening!

Algodão Tão Doce said...


Acabei de conhecer o seu blog,achei lindo seus trabalhos,e muito fofa sua modelo!!!Maravilhosa!!!Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Such an adorable dress and girl :)

Cindy said...

It's a darling dress! I love the way the back closes.

Sachiko said...

Hi Christine!

You won the "Zakka Handmade" book at Tea Rose Home. Please send me your email, and shipping info, so I can pass them along to Amy.

Thanks,

Sachiko