Friday, August 23, 2013

New Hexie Pillow



Well I had planned on finishing this pillow last Friday but I had a few problems sewing the hexies together this time and I ended up finishing it today.  This pillow is very similar to this one that I made.  I again followed the directions from this magazine for the top of the pillow, used Good Fortune Charm squares, and Angela's tutorial for the envelope enclosure (I think the next one I will be able to do without instructions).  This time I used invisable thread to sew the hexies together.  I had to sew them twice because after the first time they ripped apart.  I didn't have this problem the first time so I am uncertain if it is me or the thread.  I hope they stay together because this pillow is a gift.  Has anyone else had a tricky experience with invisible thread?  This time I used a lighter background and quilted in a matching color.  I think I like it better than using a contrasting color like I did the last time.  I do enjoy making pillows.  It is like making a little quilt without the fuss of binding.

I am linking up with Finish it Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Super cute! I've never used invisible thread so I'm no help.

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of invisible thread! I'll have to look it us. The pillow is great- makes me want to make some for our living room!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cushion. There is just something beautiful about hexy. I haven't used invisible thread either. Thanks for sharing. Marie

Cindy said...

I like how the hexies look on the lighter background. They really pop!