Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Down with the Sickness/Before I Blogged Halloween







Back to school equals back to the kids getting sick all the time.  And we are.  Look at those little pink feverish faces camped out on the kitchen floor.  Stella is not as miserable as she looks.  It started with Luke Sunday night.  So there has not been much crafting this week.  But I really am okay with it.  Taking care of them is the best reason to put crafting on hold. 

I am in the mood to blog, the kids are happily watching Peter Pan, and we are starting to plan this years costumes (well I guess I have been planning since last Halloween) so I thought I could share last year's costumes.  Stella's cape was made using the cape pattern in Oliver + S Little Things to Sew and her dress was made using the  Oliver + S apple picking dress pattern. I highly recommend both patterns.   I no longer have the apple fabric so I don't know who made it.  I used a red suiting wool for her cape and little red riding hood fabric for the lining (from Superbuzzy).  I used a pattern from Joann's for the wolf costume.  I am sorry I can't find it.  And the fake fur was from Joann's.  It was my first time sewing with fake fur and boy does it shed. 

I was so happy with how they came out.  My town does on a Halloween Costume parade in mid October which is great because then the costumes get to be worn at least twice and once in the day light.  The pictures were taken the day of the parade. 







 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your kids feel better soon! And the costumes are so cute. I can't believe we're back to fall activities already. Where has the time gone?!? Our daughter hasn't decided on her costume yet but I guess we should get planning soon!

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

I looks like you had a great time and what a wonderful weather for October it was !
Stella's dress is adorable and so is her cape and she looks just adorable in her costume with the basket and all. And I cant believe you also made Luke's costume, it looks incredibly hard.

I hope they get better soon. I have love seeing pictures of your local areas and telling us where you have bought the fabrics, etc. I have heard before about Joann's it seems like a very popular store in the US.

Take care,
Talk soon,
xEva

Cindy said...

I hope that the kids are feeling better and than mom and dad don't end up sick!

I love last year's Halloween costumes. Too adorable! What are you planning for this year?

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Cutest little Red! That wolf is fearsome!

Vera said...

I hope the kids are feeling all good by now. Those costumes are cute!