Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Rollerskate Dress


 Pattern:  Oliver + S Rollerskate Dress
Size:  3
Fabric: Japanese Kokka cotton linen blend bought at last summer's quilt show
lining: green polka dot quilting cotton
Trim: matches the fabric I can't remember where I bought it
Modifications: none

I bought this pattern last year I think.  I was on a modern fabric buying kick and I thought this pattern would be good for those fabrics.  Well those fabrics aren't my favorites right now.  But I really wanted to make this pattern along with all the other patterns I have bought and not tried yet.  I have so much fabric I wanted to use something from my stash.  So this is what I came up with.
I am pretty happy with it.

I cut it out yesterday and sewed it all today.  And I am slow.  This pattern is so easy and quick to make with great directions which I really need.  I really enjoyed making this.   I think I'll have to make this one next summer too.

My kids love it.  They love Little Red Riding Hood which is why I think they are so into this dress. While sewing my son kept coming in to tell me it "looks really good".  As you can see Stella thinks so too.  When it came time to try it on she insisted on wearing this hat she picked out at Target in the spring.   She cracks me up.  So here are too many pictures:










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little dress turned out so cute!! And Stella's got great style...that hat is perfect with the dress! :) So is your sewing machine working better now? I'm starting to think that sewing machines have feelings -- mine has been acting up ever since it overheard me talking about getting a new one! ;)

Cindy said...

How cute! I love the Roller Skate dress in the little red riding hood print. It looks great with the hat and red sandals.:)

Elizabeth said...

I love it! I bet that kokka fabric feels so nice. This is a great pattern and I want to try it again before E outgrows the size. And I loved all the pictures- Stella is adorable!

Ockduspock said...

I love this dress and the fabric! What a gorgeous outfit on your beautiful little one!! Well done :)

Inder-ific said...

Oh, gosh, that photo of your kids hugging!!!! So sweet! <3

I love this dress. I have this pattern but haven't sewn it up yet. I was thinking it might make a fun and easy first day of school dress/top for Maggie ... you've inspired me! And I love the fabric, but I know what you mean, those Kokka fabrics are adorable but they are very specific and sometimes it's hard to know what to do with them.